product review

Product Review: Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

11:29 PM

Annyeong! I've been a fan of Korean Cosmetics for a long time and have so far tried a lot of products since I started working in 2011. After trying on so many beauty products, some made my Holy Grail List while others made me regret ever trying them, thus the start of my blogging mania.

And without further ado, I present my opinion on Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream.


Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream: 

Add caption
                                 

I bought this one from @koreana_ph at instagram for only P350 ($8) for the full size tube of 45ml. I think this is probably the cheapest snail product I bought so far. What really caught my attention is that it's a SNAIL GEL CREAMSnail products have been pretty popular around Asian beauty culture. I wonder why gel cream when I think it's really only gel at first glance. 

The Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream contains 74% of filtrated snail mucus that is know to bring homeostasis (balance) on our skin. The product pretty much promises to bring the ff result: skin relaxation, skin tightening, pore tightening, full nutrition and moisture and trouble vestige care.


Packaging:

Add caption
        

The packaging is pretty simple. The box and tube are in light pink shade, but what I love about their box is the Mizon authentication sticker -- we all know how fake one are bound to find their in the market once a product becomes popular. The full size tube is great for travel purposes. It doesn't take up much space in my bag :)

Add caption
         

What I love about the packaging is how hygienic the product is. When you take the cap off you will see that the tube is sealed (meaning it's not sampled or contaminated). Thumbs Up!


Smell: None. It doesn't smell funny either. 

Consistency and Application: 

Add caption
         

Although this is said to be a Gel Cream, the consistency in my opinion is gel through and through. It slips and is absorbed easily by my skin, thanks to the silicone ingredient. I really don't think of this as a cream since it doesn't leave my skin in a oily state unlike some creams and despite of it's snail consistency.

I used this one the first time as my last basic skincare step, and I woke up feeling my skin very moisturized and hydrated in the morning. Since I usually have one or two zits appearing due to the nature of my profession --- zombie nurse --- I tried to use this on one of my zits to see if it really has that trouble vestige care. I think my zits dried up after 2 days of application, so overall I think this is good for healing up zits. But so far, I haven't seen some of my stubborn spots to fade after 1 week of using this product. 

I think with continuous usage, maybe 6 weeks, it would be beneficial for your skin. Although I don't use this everyday, I use this whenever I want to relax my stressed out face. I usually put this in the refrigerator for 30mins, then use this as an overnight mask to give me the hydrated and relax face in the morning.

Pros:
1. Affordable for only PHP350.00 ($8)
2. Doesn't leave my skin oily after application.
3. Good for hydration.
4. Hygienic

Cons:
1. Pretty average like any gel moisturizer.
2. Doesn't live up to my expectation.


Repurchase/Recommended?
I think it can be used as an everyday moisturizer for hydration, but that's it. :)

Have you tried snail beauty products? Which one is your must have item?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Check This Out!

Follow Me on Instagram

Pinterest